Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Portrait of my Mama, by David Liang

I'm not sure when this was painted, but it was done in Italy. My father commissioned it of my mum (she's a hottie, so yeah, she deserves portraits, lol). The artist was a young man named David Liang. I know he's represented in galleries in France, but sadly cannot tell you more. It was done in oil.

I feel we should get more portrait painters up in here, I know some crazy-talented ones. What I see nowadays (so distasteful) is that flat, roadside-painter quality of portrait. There's no life in it, and I see this in the homes of people who can afford better. Also, portrait photography too,is a mess of Photoshop, blurred to smooth out all traces of personality. Not nice.

I will, cover several artists who do excellent portrait work. And I'll tell you why you should go for them.

But enjoy Mr. Liang's work of my mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment