Monday, July 22, 2013

Brushes (yay!)

I decided to get some watercolour brushes from the US. It took 4 long weeks, during which I had no idea if I would receive my package. I kinda almost went stir-crazy, so I decided to look for alternative watercolour brushes here in Lagos.
Winsor and Newton Sceptre series: these are okay, but don't quite fit my technique. They don't hold water well, so I use them for chinese style calligraphy (more on why I do that).

Winsor and Newton Cotman series: I like the flats, not the rounds. Period.

 Rembrandt, Winsor and Newton series 7 and Daler-Rowney artists brushes: these are great so far. 

Japanese hake brushes: these were a great find. I couldn't believe when I found them. Really like these.


So I will keep looking, keep you all updated. Let me know if you have questions.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment